Gerry Lo Faro CPPM, MAIPM
Gerry has more than 25 year experience in the construction industry, with a strong background in construction planning, quality control and risk management. He started his electrical apprenticeship with Queensland’s Transport and Main Roads, working on road lighting and traffic signal maintenance projects. He then formed his own electrical contracting business servicing the residential and commercial industry, including high-rise buildings, multi-dwelling units, warehouses and retail showrooms.
Seeking new challenges, Gerry moved to Tasmania, where he worked as a project manager delivering commercial and industrial projects including substations, waste disposal sites and the state library refurbishment. Returning to Queensland, he continued his project ascent by delivering electrical and civil infrastructure associated with transmission, substations, HV feeders, road lighting and traffic signal projects.
Gerry’s strengths include his vast knowledge of specifications, standards and legislative requirements for design, planning and contract management. He has led multiple, simultaneous project work fronts and up to 16 teams of various sizes to completion on billion-dollar projects.
He loves a challenge and has been successful working on projects with time and budget challenges, as well as environmental constraints.
Recent projects have included:
- Nyngan Solar Plant, regional NSW $231 million
- Moreton Bay Rail, Petrie to Kippa-Ring, Qld $1.4 billion
- SAFElink Alliance, Ipswich Motorway, Qld $1.8 billion
- Port Connect, Port of Brisbane Motorway, Qld $520 million
- GO Alliance, Robinson Road Open Level Crossing Replacement, Geebung, Qld $199 million
- Robina Interchange Exit 82, Robina, Qld $36 million
- Tugun Desalination Plant and Tugun Bypass, Tugun, Qld $9 million
- Brendale to Albany Creek Substation Feeders Parallel 33kV, Qld $4 million
Gerry’s qualifications include Electrical Fitter Mechanic and is a registered project manager Certified Practising Project Manager (CPPM), with a Diploma of Project Management and a Diploma of Building and Construction. He is an Associate Member of the Australian Institute of Project Management (MAIPM) and is finalising an application for a Medium Rise Builders Licence.